Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Insurance Red Tape

This is a short one.  I have lots of great stories to catch you all up on, but we have spent the last two days going through every item that was lost.  It took 10 years to accumulate all of it and has been a difficult process to complete.  Honestly, I would rather just start over at this point than try and remember all that was lost, but I know it's an important part of the insurance process.  As we move forward, I am beginning to think that this is all part of our closure.

Please continue to pray for us.  Pray for our insurance adjuster, Laura--That God will intervene and make her realize she can trust our integrity.  How can anyone prove anything that was burnt to the ground?  She will be at the property today, and have to finish our spreadsheet by tomorrow when we meet with her.  Pray for God's provision, and guidance as we make important decisions in the coming days and weeks.  Prayers for sanity, good attitudes, and rest wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support.  We are so loved!


~Rachel

2 comments:

Kaleena Schumacher said...

Wow, Rachel I'm sorry you are going through this. I can honestly say as an insurance agent I always tell my customers to take pictures of everything. Open doors, drawers, EVERYTHING & email it to themselves. My heart breaks for you and I'll pray for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel & Tony -
I am so sorry for all you are going thru but I know God has a plan for you all.
I know that from Jessica (my oldest) and family losing everything in piedmont tornado 5/11 they had to look at pictures on phones and computer to see what all they lost and then this was even a beginning. I am so thankful your feet is planted in the word of God because that is how they survived and still survive.
JoAnn Baker (Cody & Anna's mom)

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...