Saturday, February 9, 2013

Delight

God just flat out amazes me sometimes...

(For those of you who don't know our story, you should read it before you move on in this post-- and you can read it here and here.)

About two weeks ago, I was stressed.  I was very stressed.  Our tenants, who were supposed to lease our house through May (The house that we leased out to move to Luther and get out of debt, remember that house?) told us they were moving out January 31st and we hadn't decided what we were going to do.  Do we rent out our home again? Do we move back in? Do we try to sell it?  We had prayed together, talked countless hours over our options, and decided we needed to try to rent it out again.  There are a ton of reasons we decided to do this.  One of the most important reasons to me was that even if everything else worked out I didn't want my kids to have another HUGE change, and it would be so hard right now to move back into that house with none of the things we used to have there (furniture, clothes, appliances, etc.).  Are ya feelin' me?  Okay.  Anyway, back to the story, 10 days ago I was still really stressed because we had no potential renters, when I buried my head in my Bible for a few hours and got on my knees and begged God to take care of this situation.  More than that, I wanted to know that everything was going to be okay, and without draining every dime we had in the bank. 

I got a clear answer.  In my praying and pleading it's as if  I heard God tell me "10 days Rachel, you will have your answer in 10 days".  I marked my calendar for February 9th (10 days) and I didn't stress any more.  I waited.  We put an ad on Craigs-list, sent it out through social media and Facebook, and nothing happened.  Nothing at all.  Normally, this would seriously stress me out but it didn't.  I knew when the 9th got here, we would have our answer!  Well, a few interviews of potential tenant's squeaked in and Tony met with them Monday, and again on Thursday.  We weren't impressed and definitely didn't have peace about any of them.  We tweaked our ad a few times and resubmitted it so it would be at the top of the list when people searched for homes to rent.  Still nothing.  So, yesterday we got 2 phone calls for appointments and today Tony went to the house to meet them.

I bet you know what's gonna happen right? Well, the final outcome may seem predictable, but God had his had in it the whole time!  Both families saw our ad on Craigs-list and called.  Both families knew us from church, and didn't even realize it! That's right, reliable christian people who go to our home church campus.  I know what you're thinking, "Seriously?" Yep! So, the family we are praying about wants to move into our house to get out of debt, and have more financial margin.  Isn't that incredible?  God is using our home, our story, our life, to bless other people!  I don't know how we could ever deny this sweet family of God's blessings, but we decided to pray about it for 24 hours.  We want 100% complete peace about the situation.  I'm already there, because I know only God could do this.

You see, all we prayed for was renters.  We would have been fine with people without a story, just renting our home.  God knew we needed to be blessed, and his blessing stretched to another family too!  I am in such awe of God's greatness right now.  He wants to give us the desires of our hears if we will just delight ourselves in him!  He has everything under control!  The fact is, even if something were to happen tonight and this family fell through, I know he is still faithful!  He sent them to us today because he wants us to know he loves us, he is taking care of us, and it's no coincidence!  What I'm about to say doesn't come from pride, but with a heart of humility and full of Grace.  The Cobb family doesn't believe in Coincidences anymore! We expect God to work in amazing ways that are unexplainable by human means alone.  Read this blog, keep up with us, and get to be our friends.  If you don't believe in the power of Christ, you will after hanging out with us for a while!  He never ceases to amaze us!

Every single thing the enemy strives to get us with (sickness, debt, hurt relationships, fire, broken leases) the Lord comes back around and it ends up being so much greater than we could have possibly imagined or intended!  Give your heart to the Lord, follow his desires, delight yourself with Him, and he will come around and bless you.  Thank goodness for Grace!  We are so undeserving!  God gets 100% of the glory!!! 

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, so thankful that God has put you guys in our lives. You are such wonderful examples. Thanks for sharing!!! Glad you guys are staying in Guthrie for awhile!! You guys need to get together with Trey & Mallory and start a Lifegroup in Guthrie:)
Love, Jan Crockett

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...