Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A little Overwhelmed, and a LOT blessed

Let's just say it's been a little crazy around here the last couple weeks.  As I sit here wanting to feel sorry for myself, I decide to write down my blessings.  I will fight the evil temptations by consciously making a decision to quickly get out of my "pity party" that may otherwise soon prevail.  Before I tell you what I'm thankful for, I'll just replay how the last couple of days have gone for me.  Okay, maybe I won't because let's face it, that would be focusing on the negative.  However, I will tell you that today I have been taking care of a pretty sick little girl.  All you mommies out there know how much that can take out of a mommy, and I'm sure you can probably imagine how this post came about.  So here goes...

I am so blessed because
-  My heavenly father never leaves me, therefore I am NEVER alone.
-  I have been able to conceive and grow two amazing little people inside of me.  And the best part is I get to watch them learn and grow now.  What sweet characters they are becoming, and it's the best role I could have ever been blessed with... I get to be their Mommy!
-  My husband is sincerely amazing. I am so blessed to have a husband who goes to work 6 out of 7 days/nights a week to provide for us.  That is highly respectable in itself, but he leads us spiritually and loves us so much on top of providing for us! For the record, he is my hero when it comes to projects around the house. He is so handy, I'm not sure what I would do without him most days.
-  I am part of an amazing church Lifechurch.tv and feel so darn lucky to get to be a part of what they are doing in our world. 
-  7 months ago, I had no comprehension of what was to come, how I would see miracles and transformations and provision from the Lord like most people don't get to see in their whole lifetime.  All because of a fire.  I am thankful for that.
-  I am so blessed to be a part of an amazing company, the Scentsy Family Corporation.  Not only can I feed my addiction of candles for FREE, but I get to do it safely, grow a team of my own and watch myself succeed and provide in ways I never though possible.  I am able to give more than I ever had, just because of $99 I spent to start my own business 2 1/2 years ago.  Wow! (more on that later I'm sure).
-  I'm thankful for our earthly possessions that we have now.  Everything from this comfy couch to sit on and this roof over my head, to the lamp that gives me light and the dirty dishes in my sink.

We are truly blessed and I'm not gonna let a couple crazy weeks, unforeseen circumstances, drama, or sickness ruin my blessings!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 

No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...