Thursday, November 5, 2009

Normal Platelets

Today I went in for my weekly labs. My platelet count was 364,000! Which is right smack in the middle range of normal! PRAISE BE TO GOD!!! They have been quickly weaning me off the steroids- which by the way is good and bad. Good that I can get off them and away from the nasty side effects but bad because my body is responding by having terrible withdrawals! My body is so confused! Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that my body is producing platelets, and hopefully when I am off the steroids, my body will keep producing and I will be in remission.

We are praying for Complete healing and total remission! We have faith God has a plan and we put our whole trust in him. Tony and I always say, "If you don't believe in God- hang out with us a while". You're welcome to follow us around any day of the week. We give him full credit for my quick recovery and know that this will all be over soon enough.

Please continue to pray for my body's healing, side effects from steroids, and that my platelets will continue to produce as they take me off the meds. I'll post another update in a week when I meet with my doctor and get my counts checked once again.

Thanks again for the prayers! We could not make it without them!

No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...