Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting to Know You... Christmas Edition

Okay... this is for my global family. I have caved to the pressure! They have been emailing these all week. I thought I'd post mine on my blog for others to "enjoy" as well. Feel free to copy!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Clothes, always wrapped in paper. Oddly shaped items go great in bags! I always save the bags/wrapping we receive!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When WILL you put up the tree? We put up the tree the day after we get back from our Thanksgiving trip.

4 When WILL you take the tree down? After new years... We'll see what happens this year with the baby coming.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it! I guess I inherited that taste from my daddy

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My doll house, and Barbie house with real light up lights, carpet, and balcony (I thought Santa loved me the most that year! Thanks mom and dad!)

7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad! If he wants it, he gets it for himself.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Tobin! I wish I had a lot of money to spoil him with!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, I have a collection of many that people have given me over the years. They are my favorite decoration to set out! I do need to get one Tobin can play with, though.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Since we have a child, we send out photo cards through snail mail each year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A new windshield for my car... courtesy of "Santa" a month before. It was definitely needed, but not too much enjoyed.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch stole Christmas-original cartoon version of course!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Eeek! I am definitely a procrastinator!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The homemade goodies people give us (pastor's families) each year.

16. Lights on the tree? Who doesn't put lights on the tree?

17. Favorite Christmas song? 5 little shepherds... I do have a toddler people.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve with Tony's family... Christmas morning at our home with Tobin... Then we load the car and go to "Papa and Nonny's" house(I do miss the pecan waffles on Christmas morning, mom!).

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Not tonight with my pregnant no-brain absent-mindedness

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The "Season's Greetings" and "Happy Holidays". I had a hard time even finding a "religious" card this year! What ever happened to "Merry Christmas"?

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is gold and red, but I LOVE the ornaments with Tobin's photos in them. I do one each year.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's homemade dressing with Dad's gravy... and of course, "Cottie's" rolls, too! Mmm... I wish I had some now!

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Kristyn- Tag!

No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...