Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy NEW Year

Yes!  A NEW Year! We are so happy around here to have a New year.  Now we can officially say, "last year our house burned down" instead of associating it with days ago, months ago, etc.  Whew!  Now that that's off my chest let's talk about a new year.  WOW! Isn't it amazing how one day can be so different because it's a new year?  I mean, we basically get a do-over every 365 days!  Somebody was thinkin' about this!  I always love to toast a glass of Sparkling grape juice and give "cheers" to a new year.  It's tradition. It's hope.  It's just plain fun!




This year, we won't be changing much around here.  We don't really have any resolutions. Why?  because our lives were changed a LOT 5 months ago.   We kinda really like the new perspective we have.  We like love the new sense of gratitude we have, as well.  So we will keep things pretty much the same around here.  We have a new urgency for sharing Christ with others, and will focus more on that this year.  Today I was putting up the Christmas Decorations and when I was putting up the nativity scene that my Dad sent us, Caroline was noticeably upset.   She kept asking me the "Why" questions.  "Why do we have to put up baby Jesus' tantinity, Mom?"... "Why?"  She kept asking her "why's" then finally told me, "But mom, we talk about Jesus and pray to Jesus all the time, why do we have to put him in a box?"  Well, that's a great question.  It got me thinking about a few things.  How about you?

One thing I do want to intentionally work on with the kids each week is Scripture memorization.  I work with Tobin on his verse for ToonTown every week but, (I hate to admit) I sometimes wait until Friday or Saturday to start cramming it into his little brain.  I know, it's awful.  However, he does have a great memory and even though he remembers most of the verses he has learned, I would love to start incorporating them into our daily life.  I would like for Caroline to learn them every week too.  Okay, you caught me... I really need to memorize it myself.  Is there a better way?  So I guess I do have a resolution this year, if that counts.

I started a new YouVersion bible reading plan today.  I've done really well at finishing my bible plans on my iphone/ipad and love that there are so many to choose from!  I never get bored reading my bible!  If you would like to start reading your bible more but don't know where to start, I highly recommend Youversion.com. 

We don't know what may come this year, but we do know (after the crazy year we just had) that in all things, he knows what's best for us.  He has control, he has our back, and in all things we will show gratitude to him. 


Psalms 107:8-9
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for men, 
for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things. 

 Psalms 90:17 
 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us;
establish the work of our hands for us

This year, may you truly seek God stronger and deeper than ever.
Farewell 2012!  Happy New Year!
 

No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...