Monday, September 3, 2012

For Your Splendor

Tonight we are ready.  We are ready to get back to work. We are ready to get back to bible studies and life groups and church and SWITCH.  

We were worried what people would think, do, or say.  So we prayed. Praying, anxious to know if this was the time.  Are we really ready? Then we heard this song.  Read the lyrics.  If you search for the song and Artist on YouTube you can find it to see and listen also.  I was tempted to post the video, but think that it's more powerful reading in paragraph form.  This is where we are. It's all for your splendor Lord!

For Your Splendor



I’m so concerned with what I look like from the outside. Will I blossom into what You hope I’ll be. Yet You’re so patient just to help me see. The blooms come from a deeper seed that You planted in me. Sometimes it’s hard to grow when everybody’s watching. To have your heart pruned by the one who knows best. And though I’m bare and cold. I know my season’s coming. And I’ll spring up in Your endless faithfulness. With my roots deep in You. I’ll grow the branch that bears the fruit. And though I’m small, I’ll still be standing in the storm. ‘Cause I am planted by the river by Your streams of living water. And I’ll grow up strong and beautiful, all for Your splendor, Lord. So with my arms stretched out, I’m swaying to Your heartbeat. I’m growing with the sound of Your voice calling. You’re bringing out the beauty that You have put in me. For Your joy and for Your glory falling.
© 2012 sixsteps Music / worshiptogether.com Songs / Sweater Weather Music (ASCAP) (Admin. at EMICMGPublishing.com)


“And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary.  Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.” Ezekiel 47:12



No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...