Thursday, January 1, 2015

I'm busting outta here early!

My Hemotologist came in and said my platelets are now 136,000!  She was amazed and said she was thrilled that my body responded so fast and said I was in the "early response group" for this experimental therapy.  She said I was out of the high risk for bleeding and I could go home today!  

What does all of this mean?  

Well, this battle is far from over.  My 4th, and hopefully last, day of drugs is tomorrow.  They will send me home with a bunch of pills to take tomorrow.  I will continue to come into the oncology office and have labs checked.  The hope is that my counts will continue to rise and stay in the normal healthy range without further treatment.  My doctor told me there is 30% chance that they may have to do the 4 day treatment again, so we are praying that doesn't have to happen.  

As long as my counts stay out of high risk levels and I don't developer complications, I stay out of the hospital.

Things to pray for:

- Today the roads are slick and Icy. Please pray for safe travels for us as we drive home.

- Pray that my platelets continue to rise to normal level (between 150,000. & 400,000.  

- I do have a genetic risk for blood clots so we don't want my platelets higher than normal, as that would give us the opposite problem.

- Pray for a full recovery for my body. This year my one word to focus on is health, so I will be doing everything in my physical power to get as healthy and strong as I can.

-Please pray that once I get home, Hazel will continue to breastfeed, and my supply will keep up with her demand. My doctor agrees this is the best thing for both of us. 

-Please pray that he Lord will provide for us financially through all of this. There will be many expenses throughout this process and we are trusting in his full provision!


THANK YOU SO MUCHH for your continued prayers for our family.  Please know you have been part of another miracle for the Cobb family. We are rejoicing today and accepting healing in our fathers hands. 


Thank you for everyone who has visited me, sent food and gifts, called and texted, watched our children, and brought meals to my family while I have been away, and everything else too! We could not get through this without all of your support.  


Here is to a happy, healthy 2015! 

No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...