Thursday, July 18, 2013

Choosing Joy


James 1:2-4 
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

After yesterdays post, I was determined to have Joy today. 

I almost got frustrated once (it may or may not have been instigated by tired moody children) then I decided I'd make it fun.  A tickle war then began.  

Then, Caroline hit her hand on the wall and started crying, which initiated a game of ambulance.

I laughed and played with my kids today.  I may have hid the clean folded laundry into the closet so I wouldn't have to put it away.   I think that's okay.

So, tonight as my family is sleeping I'm working on some projects I've wanted to do around here.  I'll be posting about them soon.  

I'm soaking in the Joy from today, and counting the blessings that surrounded me when I chose not to get stressed or frustrated, but instead chose to make the best of each situation.

Make a choice today, or tomorrow, to soak in the Joy. 

It may not be easy, but it's worth it!




No comments:

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...