Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trip to the Hospital... #1

Last night after dinner, I was sitting on the couch and started having intense chest pains on my left side. It felt like someone had stabbed a knife in my heart. I couldn't breath in or out. Tears running down my face... Tony flipping out... We both decided I needed to go the the ER. We got there, and they sent me to Labor and Delivery(If you are over 24 weeks pregnant, they automatically send you to L &D). I guess that was good, because we didn't have to wait a long time in the ER. Luckily, my doctor was on call and walked in when we got to the 5th floor. When I told him what was going on, he kinda chuckled and said to the nurse, "give her some Pepcid!" I kind of took offense to his statement. He said to do an EKG to make sure all was okay. I just knew something else was wrong besides heart burn. I am not a baby when it comes to pain.

Two hours of monitoring later, one EKG, Antacids, Pepcid, Morphine, Ambien, and a toddler ready for bed... the diagnosis was Acid Reflux. WHAT!? Can I tell you I felt like a huge baby? The nurse explained that people think they are having heart attacks all the time and it's just ACID! Okay, I guess that makes me feel a little bit better...

Overall, we were very grateful that everything is going good. They monitored the baby while we were there, and that was kinda fun to hear her heartbeat that long. All the memories of going into Labor with Tobin came rushing back. I can't believe it's getting so close to her arrival time.

For all of you who prayed for me last night, thank you! I will continue to keep everyone updated as our baby girl's arrival is soon approaching!

2 comments:

Kyndal said...

Oh Girl, I feel you! There were a couple of times when my heartburn was that bad. I thought I was DYING. I guess it was a good thing I had a doctor at home to diagnose me, although part of me was sure it had to be SOMETHING more serious...
Love you and still praying, of course!

Emily said...

That is so scary... but it's also so funny! I've never heard of that before. I'm so glad it was just silly old acid!

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...