Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mary

As I stare at my baby belly
I think about her.
The woman who carried Jesus
On that night, so long ago.

I’m curious of her demeanor.
I ponder her pain.
I am visioning a woman
With very little to gain

Did she know the huge impact
Her son would soon bring
On a world centuries away
How we’d celebrate this day?

Could she know we’d sing carol’s
Or decorate a tree
How we’d sing happy Birthday
To her son, the True King?

So on this Christmas Eve
I thank God for sending
His son, the Christ Jesus
So I could come to be…

Staring at my baby belly
Thinking about her.
The woman who carried Jesus
On that night, so long ago.

1 comment:

ChrissyK said...

very well written. I think about the same as well. Can you imagine getting on a donkey, being as pregnant as we are and riding for days??? I cant imagine all that she went through. Was there a doctor there to help her? How scared was she? Of course no epidural. Wow...Mary was an amazing woman.

But again...to think that your son will change the world. Wow

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...