Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
On Christmas eve, my wonderful mother in law gave me a "flip" video camera. Can I say this is the best thing on the planet? It truly is amazing. We captured Tobin's 1st reaction on Christmas morning, and just HAD to share it with everyone. Enjoy! I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. Happy Birthday Jesus!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
I think about her.
The woman who carried Jesus
On that night, so long ago.
I’m curious of her demeanor.
I ponder her pain.
I am visioning a woman
With very little to gain
Did she know the huge impact
Her son would soon bring
On a world centuries away
How we’d celebrate this day?
Could she know we’d sing carol’s
Or decorate a tree
How we’d sing happy Birthday
To her son, the True King?
So on this Christmas Eve
I thank God for sending
His son, the Christ Jesus
So I could come to be…
Staring at my baby belly
Thinking about her.
The woman who carried Jesus
On that night, so long ago.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tonight is the Christmas party for our Northwest OKC campus staff/wives. I am super excited about it. I wish I wasn't so exhausted, but I AM eight months pregnant ;) Tomorrow starts all the festivities for Christmas eve- service number one at 7pm. Come join us at Lifechurch.tv if you want to see a great service! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas week. I must force myself to enjoy everything, and not stress out. After all, I don't think baby Jesus would be stressing out about all the things we stress over during Christmas week. MERRY CHRISTMAS WEEK! Make some great memories with your friends and families!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
PS- I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow... I'll update everyone if anything changes. But we only have 3-6 weeks left to go! I cannot believe it!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Two hours of monitoring later, one EKG, Antacids, Pepcid, Morphine, Ambien, and a toddler ready for bed... the diagnosis was Acid Reflux. WHAT!? Can I tell you I felt like a huge baby? The nurse explained that people think they are having heart attacks all the time and it's just ACID! Okay, I guess that makes me feel a little bit better...
Overall, we were very grateful that everything is going good. They monitored the baby while we were there, and that was kinda fun to hear her heartbeat that long. All the memories of going into Labor with Tobin came rushing back. I can't believe it's getting so close to her arrival time.
For all of you who prayed for me last night, thank you! I will continue to keep everyone updated as our baby girl's arrival is soon approaching!
Monday, December 15, 2008
I thought I'd write down a few of the quotes people have been saying to/asking me lately. For the record, I have gained 9 lbs, and I'm 33 weeks along. I'm just sayin...
"You are so cute, when are you due?" After telling them, they respond, "Wow!
You're really big already!"
my thought- wow, you sure know how to make a preggo feel bad about herself.
"Are you having twins?"my thought-nope, but thanks for making me feel fat
"How are you standing up?"my thought-ugh, with my feet genius
"Will I get that big when I'm pregnant?"
my thought- gee, I don't know... will you be this rude when you're pregnant?
"Your belly is Huge!"
my thought- well, I am carrying a person inside my body
I just thought I would state for the record that I'm not bitter at all. I just thought maybe you'd think these people were as "smart" as I thought they were. I mean, what makes people say stuff like this? Do they think it will make me feel "good" about myself. Do they walk away and feel bad about it? Not one person has apologized after saying one of these things. I take it all in stride, and have a good laugh. Afterall, I am very blessed! Hope you have a good laugh too!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
The doctor said she has hair! She is measuring in the 68th percentile, except her belly- it is in the 94th percentile! Tony said, "What does that mean?" The Doctor replied, that's the first part of the body that gets chubby! We both laughed. It looks like she might be a big one, too. Well, however big she is, we cannot wait 8 weeks until we meet her. Please continue to pray for our sweet baby girl, and continued health during the duration of my pregnancy! Thanks! Love you guys! Miss you tons!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Clothes, always wrapped in paper. Oddly shaped items go great in bags! I always save the bags/wrapping we receive!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When WILL you put up the tree? We put up the tree the day after we get back from our Thanksgiving trip.
4 When WILL you take the tree down? After new years... We'll see what happens this year with the baby coming.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it! I guess I inherited that taste from my daddy
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My doll house, and Barbie house with real light up lights, carpet, and balcony (I thought Santa loved me the most that year! Thanks mom and dad!)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad! If he wants it, he gets it for himself.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Tobin! I wish I had a lot of money to spoil him with!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, I have a collection of many that people have given me over the years. They are my favorite decoration to set out! I do need to get one Tobin can play with, though.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Since we have a child, we send out photo cards through snail mail each year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A new windshield for my car... courtesy of "Santa" a month before. It was definitely needed, but not too much enjoyed.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch stole Christmas-original cartoon version of course!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Eeek! I am definitely a procrastinator!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The homemade goodies people give us (pastor's families) each year.
16. Lights on the tree? Who doesn't put lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song? 5 little shepherds... I do have a toddler people.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve with Tony's family... Christmas morning at our home with Tobin... Then we load the car and go to "Papa and Nonny's" house(I do miss the pecan waffles on Christmas morning, mom!).
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Not tonight with my pregnant no-brain absent-mindedness
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The "Season's Greetings" and "Happy Holidays". I had a hard time even finding a "religious" card this year! What ever happened to "Merry Christmas"?
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree is gold and red, but I LOVE the ornaments with Tobin's photos in them. I do one each year.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's homemade dressing with Dad's gravy... and of course, "Cottie's" rolls, too! Mmm... I wish I had some now!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Kristyn- Tag!
Friday, December 5, 2008
I have no idea where he learned to "pose" like this. But, when you take his photo, he says "Cheese" and folds his hands under his chin and tilts his head. What a ham!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I'm so thankful for this blog. I sat down this morning to start a new blog. Then I decided I'll just be authentic with you all. ...