Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Baby Started Kindergarten

Yesterday was Tobin's first day of Kindergarten.  We woke the kids up and I had breakfast ready for them when they got in the dining room.  Tobin's favorite breakfast is pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage.  He was so excited!   Caroline, on the other hand, was not happy to be awake.  Please ignore the look on her face.  She is not a morning person! Ha!


Look at my handsome boy!  I cannot believe how big and handsome he is.





I had to get a photo of the "pair".  I wondered how Caroline would react when Tobin was gone all day...


We get the privilege of walking to school!  His school is one block away and the road we walk down is covered in big shade trees.  It was such a nice, pleasant walk. 





His Teacher's name is Mrs. Abbott.  She is so sweet!  He is in school from 8:00 to 3:00 every day.  What a long day for a 5 year old!



Aunt Carol got to walk him to school with us and see him to his first day in his new classroom. It was so special to have her there!



Mrs. Abbott told the children to pick a table and work on some puzzles.  There were 3 other children in the room and Tobin chose a table by himself.  If you know Tobin at all, you know that is not his personality.  He is such a social extrovert that I was worried what kind of day he would half.  We prayed as a family and left our big boy at school.  I cried as we walked away, but knew that God was going to take care of him.  I'm not sure where the last 5 1/2 years went, but they flew by!



Caroline was so sad when we dropped him off.  I had to get a photo of her face.  I don't know if I've ever seen her that sad before.


I quickly distracted her with a new tea set that Aunt Carol brought. It worked like a charm!  She had a picnic of animal crackers and marshmallows with her babies. 


I"m not sure who gave her this princess vanity/piano but she LOVES it!  She quickly forgot Tobin was gone and had a great time playing.  Later in the day, she went with me to some thrift stores and an antique mall.  We found her a little wooden high chair for her dolls.  What a prize!




I'm looking forward to the structure of full day school every day. I'm hoping it will force our family into some sort of normalcy.  Tobin had a great first day of school!   We can't wait to see what this year will be for him, for Caroline, and for our family as a whole.  Please continue to pray for us as we start a new routine. 

2 comments:

Lea said...

It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant with Tobin & we were all so excited!

We are still praising God for your lives and continue to pray for you.

I love seeing the pics of the kids' smiling faces. It keeps reminding me of the scripture that sorrow lasts for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

Kristyn said...

Oh my word. I can't believe he started Kindergarten!!!! I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. He's grown into such a cute little boy. I can totally see his personality in the pictures that he takes. And how sweet of Caroline to be so sad to see her big brother leave her. We are still praying for you guys. Glad that life is becoming somewhat "normal". Miss ya and love ya!!!

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...