Monday, August 13, 2012

All Moved In

It's been a few days since my last post.  I'm sure some of you are hanging on by your fingernails wondering how the insurance meeting went.  The Lord is faithful.  We got the full amount of coverage for our items. We had enough insurance coverage for only half of our property value.  A word from the experienced: take photos of every wall of your house, inside every drawer and every closet.  Save them on a CD and put them in a safety deposit box, or a fire proof safe.  Add up the value in your head, take the time to do it in advance, and make sure you have enough insurance coverage to cover all of your personal property.  

With all that being said, we are so grateful for people all over the country who have written us emails and letters, and sent us gift cards or money, and donated items.  We have had so many of our "needs" met by people we don't even know.  We are so overwhelmed and blessed to have so much support! This box was left at the church office for us with toiletries and cleaning supplies.  We have no idea who left it, but know that your blessing was well recieved. 

My Aunt Carol drove from California to come help us get back on our feet.  She has washed brought dishes and sheets and appliances all the way from across the country, from people who have never met us.  WOW! 


 Aunt Carol has also spoiled my kiddos with books, toys, and ice cream... maybe even more than once in two days.


Ice Cream makes everything better, right?!

People keep asking: "How are the kids doing?"  They are doing remarkably well.  They are finally sleeping soundly again, sometimes in a grocery cart.



Tobin has always been a "thinker".  He thinks of things most kids would not.  He keeps randomly remembering things that were burnt.  He says things like, "Mom, I lost my notebook with all my drawings in it."  or "Mom, my picture board is gone."  He is so sensitive.  He already understands things that he cannot get back.  However, we are focusing on the positive and saying things like, "Let's get you a new notebook to start drawing in." and "Let's print some pictures and make a new photo board."  He is back to building lego's and enjoying slurpy's, one of his favorite things!



Thank you to everyone who has given my sweet babies gifts- toys, books, clothes, etc.  Every gift is special!








We moved into our new "home" Saturday.  I have to say, it was the easiest move we have ever made.  When there isn't much to move, it's not that hard! Ha!  We had beds to sleep in, and a washer and dryer to wash new sheets in.  How blessed we are!

This morning, the kids ate breakfast on the front porch, before church.  Instead of saying "Why don't we have a table inside?"  Tobin said, "This is so awesome that we can eat breakfast outside!"  I'm so happy that his perspective is pointed in the positive direction.  For the healing of our kids we have decided not to talk to them anymore about the fire, or escaping the fire, or losing everything.  Unless they ask us, we are going to stay focused on what God has in store for us from now on.  He makes all things new, and we know that he has great plans for us!




Tonight, I leave you with this:  The words to a Toby Mac Song that I just "happened" to hear on the radio one week ago today (one day after the fire).   It may just be our "theme" song.


                                                              "Me Without You"

Raindrops rollin' off my brim
Streetlights got the pavement glistenin'
Touchdown, I fall into Your arms
Right where I belong
Your everlasting arms

And where would I be
Without You...

I'd be packin' my bags when I need to stay
I'd be chasin' every breeze that blows my way
I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away
It's true
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
Don't know where I'd be without You

Flashback, stepping through the scene
There's You and there's a very different me
Touchdown, You had me at belief
You had me at belief, You did

And where would I be
Without You, without You...

I'd be packin' my bags when I need to stay
I'd be chasin' every breeze that blows my way
I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away
It's true
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
Don't know where I'd be without You

(Where would I be...)

I was so deep,
So incomplete
Til' You rescued me
Yeah, You rescued me

You rescued me
You are mine, I am Yours
You rescued me
And I am Yours forever
You saved me, remade me

And where would I be

I'd be packin' my bags when I need to stay
I'd be chasin' every breeze that blows my way
I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away
It's true
That I'd be packin' my bags when I need to stay
I'd be chasin' every breeze that blows my way
I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away
So true
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
Don't know where I'd be without You

That's me without You-ou-ou-ou
Don't know where I'd be without You

(Photo taken on porch of our home that no longer stands. Spring 2012)

1 comment:

Tinergirl said...

I'm so inspired by your blogging, Rachel! Thank you for sharing & for being real with us. Btw, that is one of my favorite things about you! Love you guys :)
Tina

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...