Monday, June 24, 2013

The Lonelies

Have you ever had those days where you just felt lonely for now particular reason? I mean, I saw people today at church, and talked on the phone a couple times.  I played play-doh, and barbies, and read books with my kiddos-- but for some reason I've just got a case of the lonelies.  Yes, you may have never heard that word before.  I may have made it up, but I like that word.  I don't like being lonely but I like that word.

I'm not sure why I'm lonely tonight.  It may be because I just spent two amazing weeks with my family on vacation, and having 3 other people around me is a lot less than 10 other people.  It may be because now that everything is unpacked in our new house, I don't have as many distractions.  It could be because I got an alert that I had a new comment on my blog and when I went to read it, it was on the post of Caroline's baby nursery reveal-- all of those things we don't have anymore, you get where this is going... Whatever the reason, I knew I had to kick the case of he lonelies far far away from here.  

How do I do that?  It's easy to answer when you aren't smack-dab in the middle of them, but what about when I'm actually lonely?  Well, once I realize that's where I'm at, I figure I have a couple choices to make.  I could get on Facebook and waste time looking at how un-lonely and perfect everyone else's lives are, or distract myself by cleaning or crafting.  Or, I can smash my face in His Word and read.  So, that's what I did tonight (I'm not saying I didn't try the other two choices first.  I am human anyway). 

I was reminded tonight that God knows us, he loves us, and he hears our cries.  Most importantly, I was smacked in the face reminded (once again) of how God is ALWAYS  with me.  What's funny is, just today Caroline said her memory verse to me about 10 times.



Isn't she sweet?  If I would have listened to her more intently and applied it to my life, I would have probably been lifted then.  Oh well, everything happens in it's own time. 

Here are some verses that helped me tonight.
No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Joshua 1:5


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28



In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

Psalm 5:3



For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.

Deuteronomy 14:2


I don't know where you're at in your life right now, but know this-- he cares for you.  Tonight I say my truth out loud and kick the case of the Lonelies goodbye! 
I am treasured
I am loved
I am blessed
I am wonderfully made



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it.

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...