Friday, July 9, 2010

There WAS a celebration...

... A whole weekend full! I mean, who doesn't love fireworks on the weekend of their birthday? Here's my birthday in photos, because after this week, I'm too tired to be writing words right now :) Enjoy!
The day started off with me sleeping in! That's what I always ask for. Oh, to sleep until I wake up... Sorry, just re-living the moment for a second. I slept till 10... but who's counting?
This first photo Tobin took. I think I was blinking, but I thought it was too precious not to post.
He didn't want to smile for the camera. He was mad it wasn't his birthday. Figures!

Then we goofed off a bit...
... and headed to lunch. It was my weekend *ahem* day, and I got to choose where to go. I wanted chips and salsa, so we went to Chili's for lunch.


This is what a 3 year old does while he waits for his food :) Yes, that's two straws and a fork.
I had my cake, folks... and I didn't have to make it myself this year! If you go to Chili's for your birthday, they give you a free dessert. I chose the molten chocolate cake. YUMMO!
Look at the amazing necklace I got in the mail from my parents? I know, don't be jealous!
Friday night my hubby and I went on a date to see Eclipse in the IMAX. It was great! Thanks Lulu for babysitting! (and not letting us pay you, too! We love you!)
Saturday night, after church- we went out to dinner at Ted's. The BEST Mexican restaurant in the OKC Metro! So great! (yes, that's a plate of butter that he stacked up and knocked over about 30 times before his food came)

The girls...
It was a fabulous Celebration of my 28th year beginning. Thank you for all the sweet cards and gifts and facebook messages. I was overwhelmed with feelings of joy at how much I am loved!
I was so blessed to get to spend another birthday with the ones I love!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

I'm so glad that you got to celebrate!!! Maybe one year we can celebrate together! Happy Birthday my friend! Love ya girl!

Kristi said...

Glad you had a great birthday weekend! Thanks for calling us to go to Braums with you guys too to celebrate you! Well we didn't know we were celebrating your bd till after we got there, but hey it was fun! Hope you have a wonderful year of being 28!

Summertime Steadiness

Is anyone else having trouble finding routine in the craziness that is summer 2020? I am a planner. Yes, I still carry around a paper planne...